Thursday 17 November 2011

No Cod-ing Around

First, let me start of by mentioning a very important quote from a very influential man. That way you can see this blog post as being educational and informative....So a great man once said, "If you're not first, you're last" No explanation needed.


Very Motivational, but there is always 2nd place right?! Anyways, Ricky Bobby wouldn't be pleased to know that my suggestion of coming in 2nd place is worthy or close to coming in first


To be quite honest, this post isn't about anything BUT food and well my husband, (recently Ben asked if my blogs would be targeted at him or making fun of him. Pretentious of him huh? He can be concieted at times). This is all about fish and chips my friend, picked and hand fried to perfection for you tummy's pleasure.


Welcome to Number 1 Fish & Chips


Let me start of saying that my husband believes that the best fish and chips shop is a mere eight minute walk from our flat, and the kicker its called 'Number 1 fish and chips'. Now I don't want to rain on his parade but he's clearly delusional. While I have only lived in England not barely three months I can clearly state for the record, that shop is not number 1. Not saying that their food rating is low its, a 5 and has been voted best fish in chips for two years. But being honest, I've tried many fish and chip shops on numerous occasions and I've heard the same thing come out of his mouth. Okay okay maybe I'm being to rash, he has said once that one place just was terrible somewhere in Haddenham. Maybe the fries just weren't cut to his liking. While fish and chips are the thing of England, I feel that that frozen cod from the freezer section that some people might not call food taste better than the supposedly 'number one' fish and chip shops are dishing out. Or to put it mildly, I think that they all just taste the same.  

Okay I will give them some credit. Their ration of fish sauce 'cough cough' vinegar that’s so strategically poured over the contents of my happily wrapped food in paper does make all the difference.


So, it’s the sauce that gives it that bland to oooh so yummy taste to my carefully wrapped with care fish and chips. Its all in the sauce 'vinegar' my friends, you can find it at you local supermarket. I'll happily place some store names at the bottom of this blog post to please the eager customers searching for that special flavor that makes the meal go from zero to HERO.

These pics are just here to make you hungry.




Did it work?!...  


However, I will give this shop a thumbs up, it has the vibe of an old fish and chips shops and not being so mainstream, but that old traditional town shop, if that makes sense, which I love! 

I will have to say though, having the fish and chips shop has become convenient. Their located very close to our flat. I don't know what that will do to my husbands waistline in the future or mines because I do enjoy the chips...A LOT!




No comments:

Post a Comment